Things to see and do in and around Berry
Step outside the front door of ‘Circa 1890’ and within a minute you are amongst the cafes and boutiques of Berry. Explore the stunning South Coast with Berry as your base, from local wineries, cycling and Seven Mile Beach, to nearby Gerringong, Kangaroo Valley, the Shoalhaven River and Jervis Bay.
Our heritage town is renowned for excellent coffee and a myriad of gourmet experiences all within a short walk of ‘Circa 1890’:
- Lunch or dinner at award-winning SOUTH on albany
- Excellent food and quirky surrounds at Salmon & Co. cafe, open for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lazy brunch, fantastic burgers or dinner at The Hungry Monkey
- Fine dining, smokehouse cuisine and locally crafted beer at Harvest Berry Mountain
- Delicious Italian-inspired cuisine from Bussola and Quattro Pizzeria
- Authentic Thai meals at The Post House of Berry
- Fine teas and cake at The Berry Tea Shop
- Locally made gelato at Il Locale
- Handmade chocolates and sweets at The Berry Bon Bon
- And many more! Visit the Berry website for more ideas.
Berry is surrounded by gorgeous dairy farmland, stunning coastline and the escarpment leading over to Kangaroo Valley, giving guests much to explore within a short distance. Berry’s central location on the South Coast makes it ideal for exploring further afield, down the coast to Jervis Bay or Milton, or north to Kiama, Jamberoo and Minnamurra:
- Visit wineries at scenic locations just outside Berry, including Silos Estate, Coolangatta Estate and Two Figs Winery
- Hike to Drawing Room Rocks for outstanding views and unique rock formations
- Jump on your bike and ride through pretty Broughton Vale
- Glorious Seven Mile Beach is 10 minutes away for surf, sand and long walks, or stand up paddleboarding at Shoalhaven Heads
- Surf Gerringong’s Werri Beach, a 15 minute drive away, or hike part of the Werri Beach to Kiama Coastal Walk
- Visit artist Arthur Boyd’s homestead and studio at Bundanon, overlooking the Shoalhaven River
- Take the scenic drive to Kangaroo Valley for some canoeing or coffee
- Do a day trip to Jervis Bay’s beautiful beaches, 40 minutes away
Whether you’re shopping for yourself, your home or your loved ones, you can while away many happy hours browsing Berry’s boutiques and stores:
- This Old House Studio is a unique store and studio space offering furniture painting workshops, DIY supplies, as well as a beautiful range of handmade homewares, gifts and decor items
- Shop for yourself and loved ones at the gorgeous Bliss & Co, for sleepwear, gifts and more
- Shop for homewares for all budgets, from the beautiful and inspiring Few and Far and the boutique Amara Home, to the on-trend on-budget Haven & Space
- Discover stunning fashion and jewellery as well as unique furniture and homewares at Moss Nest
- Explore eclectic textile-inspired emporium Juniper Hearth
- Explore The Picnic Shed, with a quirky range of homewares, gifts, games and clothing for stylish outdoor living
- Enjoy floristry, unique gifts and homewares at Shady Fig
- Check out quality Victorian and Edwardian furniture with a selective range of porcelain, silver and Australian-made jewellery at Broughton Antiques & Collectables
- And don’t miss the famous Berry markets on the first Sunday of every month!
View our rates & bookings
Learn more about our rates and view the availability calendar.
It was amazing!
We stayed in this beautiful home with two other couples. It was amazing. Upon arrival they have local bread, jams and chocolates for you. The rooms are big and spacious, the 2 fireplaces are easy to use, kitchen is a chefs dream and there is a hot tub to rescue you after a day in Berry. Great location. Very clean . Highly recommend for a weekend getaway.
Classy beautiful property
Lovely property. Such a pleasure to stay here. The beds were so comfortable. My husband and I and our border collie stayed for 7 nights in October. So close to the shops I was there every day and my husband relaxed with Foxtel. Close to the beaches as well. Everything you need plus the added bonus of sourdough bread, jam, eggs and milk. Thanks and we will be back.
Amazing place... so relaxing and comfortable
Everything we wanted and more...didn't want to leave
Beautiful home in Berry
A beautiful stay in Berry in a historic home which catered to all our needs. Perfect location close to all the shops and restaurants, even a coffee shop and the famous donut van across the road. Lovely gardens, BBQ area and spa complimented the home.
We absolutely loved our stay, Thanks for sharing your amazing house with us.
— Jack and family
Beautiful house in a great location
The house was perfect and as described in the descriptions and photos. A great location within walking distance to everything you need in Berry.
Perfect cottage for a relaxing stay in a perfect location
Thank you for a fab two nights in your v special cottage. Just amazing & so many nooks to relax in. We took my sister from WA & my mother, for her 88th b day & we all had a perfect & memorable time.
This is an excellent place to stay!! The cottage has many luxurious touches throughout, but also feels homely. Perfect location - walking distance to all of Berry's famous spots. 3 nights was not enough! We will have to come back =) Terri was very accommodating and responsive. Thank you!